Erasing Loneliness is a 6 week challenge to help you move past loneliness and foster more meaningful connections. Get the scoop HERE.
If you haven’t done so already CLICK HERE to download the Erasing Loneliness JORNAL. It’ll help you track your thoughts and transformation towards authentic friendships throughout the challenge. You can find WEEK 1 here, WEEK 2 here, WEEK 3 here, WEEK 4 here. Feel free to go at your own pace.
Since loneliness hit in my early twenties, the allure of engaging with other
20-somethings was high. Strangely enough, our little farm town seemed devoid of that population group and places to meet them.
Have you experienced something similar…(whatever your age-group is)?
When individuals years younger and older began making appearances in my life I was a tad hesitant. Could true connection flourish with someone experiencing an entirely different life phase? Would they know and understand my heart?
Instead of turning them away for fear of not having much in common, I chose to enjoy each and every one of them. This led to a wealth of incredible friendships.
Nothing breaks up a long day like chatting with a 5th grader as he helps you with landscaping, or sharing the burdens of life with a 63 year old as she fixes you a chicken salad sandwich. Some of my closest friends in this ‘new-ish’ town of mine are 10 to 20 years older and younger than I am. Yep.
All that to say — it’s possible. Possible and I’m daring you to GO FOR IT. Because maybe that’s all we really need for this week’s challenge. Permission.
The ‘Life as We Know It’ guide was created to nurture relationships and build community through sharing life stories. My sweet friend Erin helped develop it with a team at Spread Truth. She’s a BOSS writer. I’ll be GIVING AWAY one copy.
What better way to get to know some new friends than with a resource that nudges you to share your story?
TO ENTER the giveaway, leave a comment below by:
1) sharing a bit of your story — or — 2) telling me what you most hope for in friendships.
[Giveaway ends May 29th at 11:59pm. Winner will be selected randomly and notified by e-mail — be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your ‘safe’ e-mail list! Giveaway is not sponsored. If you’re feeling ‘share-y’, pass this post onto a friend too!]
– Is there someone years older or younger you want to be friends with? Feel free to tell me (in the comments) about what fears you face when embracing a friendship with them. I’m ready to help you through your hangups.
– If you don’t know many people of different ages, consider where you might hangout or what in your community you could do/join that would foster these type of friendships. Keep track of your ideas in the Erasing Loneliness JOURNAL that I’ve made just for you!
– If you hang out ‘intergenerationally’ this week snap a picture and share it on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #erasingloneliness.
Sign up below for more posts like this and your free ‘Getting Started’ Guide!
Erasing Loneliness In Review
– Pre-Challenge Question
– Wise Advice for Your Biggest Hospitality Fears
– Wk 1 Challenge Activity: Embrace Alone Time
– Wk 2 Challenge Activity: Everyone’s Not For You
– Wk 3 Challenge Activity: Engage in All Areas of Life
– Wk 4 Challenge Activity: Extravagantly Share Your Gifts
Image via Ria Baeck – Creative Commons